4 Tasty All New Exotic Cauliflower Flour Healthy Baking Recipes
A huge Thank You to PomPom Paddock for these scrumptious recipes!
Here at Beautifully Well Box, we love bringing you healthier product alternatives and recipes to your favourite meals!
A bespoke blend of gluten & wheat free produce, freshly picked and perfected to create the ultimate wholesome, cup for cup, flour replacement.
Free from all the nasties and full of the goodness like fibre, calcium, iron and lots of minerals so you don’t have to miss out on devouring scrumptious
- pizza bases
An easy way to add an extra serve of veggies to your family’s sweet and savoury creations.
Below are 4 delicious and healthy baking recipes for you to try!
All recipes use the Cauliflower Flour Mix from PomPom Paddock, featuring in this month's Toxic-Free August box (FULL SIZE packet)!
PIZZA SLAB -
Ingredients (makes 1 slab):
- Pizza dough
- 3 cup PPP flour + ½ cup extra for rolling
- 1 tbsp flake salt
- 1 tbsp dried yeast
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp olive oil
2 ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup quality pesto or good tomato pizza sauce
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Handful baby spinach optional
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Salt freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil to drizzle.
In a mixer with paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients for the dough and mix well.
With the motor running add the water and oil and mix for 3 minutes until the mix is smooth.
Transfer to an airtight container, cover with a lid and let sit at room temp for 5 hours.
Preheat your oven to 240C with your baking tray in the oven, that you want to bake your pizza on.
Tip the dough onto a generously floured bench and knead for a few seconds with the flour, using a little extra flour to help it come together to a smooth soft dough.
Using a rolling pin and re flour the bench, roll the dough to approx. 5mm-7mm thick and approx. 40cm x 25cm.
It will be bigger than this but trim the dough to that size so it can fit onto a piece of baking paper that fits onto your oven tray (keep any trim in the fridge, covered for up to 3 days for another pizza).
Transfer the dough carefully to the baking paper on a bench. You can do this by rolling the dough up around the rolling pin then unrolling across the baking paper.
Spread the dough with the pesto then scatter the olives, tomatoes, baby spinach if using and cheese.
Season lightly with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil before transferring the pizza, on the baking paper to the preheated baking tray and into the oven.
Cook for 6 minutes approx. until the cheese is starting to brown but still moist.
CHOCOLATE, CAULIFLOWER BROWNIES
Makes approx 10-12 brownies
- 400g sweet potato, roasted, cooled
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup cacao
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour Mix - featuring in this month's Toxic-Free August box
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. In a mixing bowl, crush the sweet potato with a fork or whisk until smooth then add
- coconut oil,
- maple syrup,
- and coconut milk.
- Mix well to combine.
Fold through the almonds and cauliflower flour.
3. Pour the mix into a lined rectangle baking pan approx. 15cm x 20cm and bake for 30- 35 minutes, until slightly firm.
4. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
POTATO & ZUCCHINI ROSTI RECIPE
This is a delicious way to make a rosti (consisting of potatoes, in the style of a fritter), turning it pizza like.
Feel free to top the finished rosti with fresh chopped tomatoes and sliced prosciutto or salami.
Or leave the cheese off and serve with avocado, poached eggs and smoked salmon.
- 2 medium desiree Potato, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup sliced, pitted kalamata olives (optional)
- 1/3 cup PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour Mix - featuring in this month's Toxic-Free August box
- ½ tsp Flake Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the potato, zucchini, garlic, olives, the PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour Mix and season with the salt and pepper.
2. Preheat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium/high heat add half the oil and then the rosti mix, spreading out to cover the base of the pan.
3. Cook for approx. 5 minutes, until it is golden and crisp on the bottom, adjusting the heat to make sure it is cooking evenly.
4. Drizzle the remaining oil over the raw side of the rosti and then flip with a spatula and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the cheese over the rosti and then cover the pan with a lid and cook for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.
6. Serve while hot or let cool and store for picnics, lunch boxes or meal prep for another meal.
FIG, RASPBERRY & STRAWBERRY GALETTE
This galette is such a beautiful way to showcase some of the season’s best fruits.
The pastry makes enough for two galettes so keep it wrapped in the fridge or freeze it and make this over and over again.
Makes one large 20cm galette
- 2 cups Pompom Paddock Cauliflower Flour Mix - featuring in this month's Toxic-Free August box
- 1.5 tsp xanthan gum
- Pinch salt
- 100g butter, slightly softened
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 4 figs, each cut into 6ths
- 1 punnet raspberries
- ½ punnet strawberries, stem removes, quartered
- Zest 1 orange
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- Plus Chocolate ice- cream, to serve
1. For the pastry, in a mixing bowl, combine the flour, xanthan and salt then add the butter and use your fingers to rub to a breadcrumb like texture. Add the egg, yolk and water and gently knead to bring together. Let rest in fridge for 10 minutes then divide into two pieces.
2. Using two pieces baking paper, roll one piece into a thin round circle approx. 28cm and place back in the fridge.
3. Preheat an oven to 180C.
4. Combine the figs, half the raspberries and strawberries orange zest and honey.
5. Remove the top layer of baking paper form the pastry and place the pastry onto a baking sheet.
6. Sprinkle the desiccated coconut around the centre of the pastry leaving a 3-4cm boarder.
7. Pile the fruit on top of the coconut then fold the pastry edge up and over the fruit, pleating the pastry rustically as you go.
8. Brush the edges with the egg yolk and sprinkle with the raw sugar.
9. Bake for approx. 30 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
10. Carefully transfer the galette off the baking paper, onto a serving plate
11. And serve with the ice-cream
You'll be baking up a storm with your very own FULL SIZE packet of PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour Mix inside this month’s Toxic-Free August box