Best Top 7 Holistic Ways to Help You Combat Anti-Ageing.
Holistic approaches to anti-aging are not new. For thousands of years people in Eastern cultures have viewed lifestyle and self-care to be essential in facilitating a healthy ageing process.
Today, it is very much worth your while to consider holistic approaches for various reasons including most importantly your own personal wellness.
- Unlike conventional anti-aging approaches which involve the use of anti-aging creams, serums or even drastic measures such as cosmetic surgery.
- The Holistic aim is to target and heal the problems that are at the root of the ageing process.
- This Contrasts with the traditional medical anti-aging approaches, in which it is usually just the symptoms of the ageing process that are treated.
- This is not consistent with the approach that Holistic Medicine takes towards treating any illness, and that is to evaluate and treat the entire person, including body, mind, and spirit.
Basically, holistic approaches to anti-aging involve slowing down the repercussions of ageing in the human body by addressing key elements believed to play a significant role in unhealthy ageing and ensuring the patient is returned to or kept at an optimal state of health and wellness.
Factors That Cause You To Age:
1. Stress, diet and sleep
All these affect your appearance and the rate at which you age. These factors may cause your skin to look unhealthy.
2. Free RadicalsThese are an indirect cause of ageing. This is because they cause inflammation in the human body, which in turn, may lead to accelerated and unhealthy ageing.
In order to prevent free radicals from damaging the body, you must consume foods that contain large amounts of antioxidants, which are nutrients that fight the effects of free radicals.
3. Whole Foods Highest In Antioxidants:
- Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries and Strawberries
- Kidney, pinto and black beans
- Apples: Red delicious, Granny Smith and Gala
- Sweet cherries
- Black plums
You could also combat the damage caused by free radicals by supplementing your diet with vitamins B, C, zinc, and magnesium.
4. Drink large quantities of water
To maintain a youthful appearance, drinking water, you are not only re-hydrating your body. But Water also improves skin elasticity and reinforces healing collagen, which will slow the manifestation of wrinkles and sagging.
4. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
In order to function correctly, your body needs essential fatty acids, including omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These are fats that are healthy for you and they aid the cells to function correctly and support heart health.
Foods Highest In Fatty Acids:
Grains and Nuts
- Peanut butter
- Pumpkin seeds
- Brussels sprouts
- Fresh Tuna
Foods Fortified With Omega-3s
- Soy milk
- Flaxseed oil
- Soybean oil
- Walnut oil
- Canola oil
- Cod liver oil
5. Poor blood circulation
This is another factor that causes you to age. Practitioners of holistic medicine often employ cayenne pepper boost circulation. Cayenne pepper enables blood to circulate more freely by dilating the blood vessels, thus carrying necessary oxygen and nutrients through the body.
One of the most important factors is to reduce stress. Stress effects the whole body and causes imbalances that greatly accelerate the ageing process. Meditation, relaxation exercises, yoga and aromatherapy are often recommended to get stress under control.
6. Physical exercise.
This helps to preserve general health, thus ensuring that you age slower and healthier. Peak physical fitness means the body is in its best shape and able to keep you strong and healthy.
Working out boosts the rate of your metabolism which ensures healthy weight management through the ageing years, something of utmost importance since metabolism naturally slows as we age and weight gain becomes more probable. Consequently, your body will not be strained by overweight and obesity and the ageing process will be slowed down.
7. Control your Vices.
In todays modern environment it's too easy to become a victim of conventional vices, overeating, drinking alchohol, power drinks and other fluids, not sleeping, lack of exercise, smoking - the worst offender- plus other environmental factors all contribute early ageing and can be reduced and / or avoided
In conclusion, there are numerous holistic approaches to reducing the rate at which you age and to remain in optimal health through the ageing years.
Holistic approaches never just address symptoms of specific health problems but instead aim to return or keep the patient in a state of balanced health between mind, body, and spirit. Holism targets overall wellness, and when we are well, we only get better with age.