Three Super Tasty Healthy Eating Plans For When You're On The Go!
Healthy Eating on the Go - 3 Great Tips!
Now that the stay at home life of the last two years is behind us,
And you're eager to get out and about...
You're back to last-minute snack packing before you head out the door to enjoy yourself and your new found freedom.
Without the contents of your fridge and pantry at your disposal around the clock, you need to brainstorm some mobile nutritious snack ideas.
Snacks that are healthy for you, portable, don’t need to stay cold or won’t take up too much room in your bag.
And just to help, we also did some brainstorming to help make your snacking enjoyment easier to organise.
So here are 3 very simple ideas you can use to make your mobile snacking life easier!
High Protein Snacks
Protein is a sure way to keep you satisfied for longer and keep your energy levels up.
- Hard boiled eggs (easy to cook),
- Nuts (lots of choice to suit your taste),
- Small tins of beans, with or without flavours added (make a great high protein choice on the run)
- Small tins of tuna could also be on the menu (but if you’re in an enclosed space, you don’t want to be blamed for the smell!)
Kez's Kitchen also have some great options, including their Choc Mud Fruit Bars (featuring in our Natural Nourishment February Box)!
With protein, fibre and antioxidants, wholegrains are a great addition to any snack time.
- Prepare ahead by cutting some wholegrain wraps into triangles, spraying with olive oil and tossing in salt, pepper and lemon juice before baking at a low heat until crispy for your own wholegrain chips.
- Air-popped popcorn is also a fun and delicious way to add wholegrains to snack time, especially tossed with some nuts for extra protein.
Fruits or Vegetables
- Carrot sticks are a firm favourite at Kez’s Kitchen.
They like to pack a little honey as a dipping sauce for a sweet treat.
- Cucumbers and tomatoes tossed in olive oil, salt and fresh basil is a great summer afternoon snack.
- Make it even better by packing some wholegrain bread to dip in the delicious juices.
No time for prep?
- Bananas are the obvious choice and are only made better when dipped into a little pot of nut butter.
"Better For You" Treats
Although nutritious sweets like dates filled with peanut butter or strawberry salads made with a little maple syrup and fresh mint are super tasty...
Sometimes you just want that choc-chip bikkie with your afternoon coffee!
This is why Kez's Kitchen have created their Better Bikkie Bakes Caramel White Choc Chip
- Less than 4g of sugar per serve and
- Only 99 calories per serve
Recommended as a lighter alternative to that always tempting bakery down the road!
So be sure to grab your Kez's Kitchen snacks when you're heading out and about and enjoy these quick healthy eating ideas!
Munch on a FULL SIZE delicious and nutritious Better Bikkie Bakes in Caramel & White Choc Chip inside this month's Natural Nourishment January Box and experience for yourself how you can snack smart!
Also check out: Why This Choc Mud Fruit Bar Is A Good Healthy Eating Plan