7 Benefits of Peanut Butter Collagen Sugar Free Brownies
Healthy baking at its finest!
- bones and
- gluten free
- no added sugar
- lower carb and
- there is a non-dairy option too.
Did you know???
All the products at 180 Cakes are completely free of sugar and gluten and are the perfect option if you have a sweet tooth you can't control but want to cut back on sugar.
While you may be aware that excessive sugar consumption can be dangerous to your health,
You may not know that you’ll experience several benefits the moment you start baking sugar-free!
Here is 7 Benefits of reducing or removing sugar from your Diet!
1. Stable Energy Levels and Mood
- If you have a sweet tooth, you’ll be familiar with the initial sugar rush you get from indulging in a dessert loaded with sugar.
- This happens because consuming excess sugar causes your blood sugar levels to spike rapidly.
- While you may experience a temporary increase in energy, you’ll start to feel the opposite when your sugar level drops and in turn, messes up your mood.
- Lowering your sugar intake prevents this from happening, and when your sugar levels are in check, your energy levels stabilise and so does your mood.
2. Improved Brain Function
- Consuming too much sugar can have a detrimental effect on your cognitive abilities.
- Sugar causes insulin resistance which in turn, impairs the communication between brain cells and affects learning and memory.
- Cutting down your sugar consumption can improve your cognitive functions and help maintain and even restore brain health.
- Sugar causes inflammation and stress in the body internally and is the most common cause of dull-looking skin and non-hormonal breakouts.
- Sugar also causes dehydration on a cellular level and this leads to dry skin, puffiness and even dark under-eye circles.
- Relax and unwind... baking can be very calming, which can greatly help to aid relaxation and reduce stress.
- Being focussed in the moment and being present in the movements such as stirring batter have been shown to reduce levels of anxiety and help prevent and manage depression.
- Studies have shown a definite link between creative expression and wellbeing.
- Most baking also involves decorating, which allows you to express yourself. The 180 Cakes website is full of recipe variations where you can be creative with the baking mixes.
- This creativity in turn calms the mind and improves mood.
- There is no question about it, food brings people together.
- The act of producing a product and sharing one's baked creation is powerfully rewarding.
- Altruism can lead to lasting emotional well-being, a more positive perspective and a positive effect on others.
- Essentially doing good does you good.
- One of the greatest benefits of cooking is that it encourages you to try different ingredients and foods.
- Best of all; research shows that people who eat home-cooked meals, on a regular basis, tend to be happier and healthier and consume less sugar and processed foods!
The benefits of sugar-free baking extend beyond what we’ve laid out here.
Start simple and just have fun!
Ready to start baking? Check out the recipe below.
Baking has never been so quick, easy and nutritious - only 2 ingredients needed!
Peanut Butter Collagen Brownies Recipe:
- 140g melted unsalted butter (or 80ml mct oil)
- 3 large eggs
Serving size: 1 slice (approx 45g)
Double Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies Recipe:
YOU WILL NEED:
For the Brownie -
- 1 packet of 180 Cakes & Locako Peanut Butter Collagen Brownie Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 140g melted unsalted butter or 80ml of your favourite oil
For the Cheesecake Topping -
- 125g soft cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup of xylitol or your favourite sweetener
- ½ cup 100% peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 150°c (with fan) or 170°c (without fan).
- Grease a 20cm or 8inch square tin and line it with baking paper.
The Peanut Butter Cheesecake -
- Combine the softened cream cheese, peanut butter, egg, sweetener and vanilla in a large bowl or a food processor.
If using the bowl -
- Whisk the ingredients with an electric beater on a medium speed until smooth and creamy.
If using the food processor -
- Blend the ingredients on a medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Then set aside while you make the brownie mix.
The Brownie -
- Place the butter, eggs, and Peanut Butter Collagen Brownie Mix into a large bowl and stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until combined.
The Assembly -
- Spoon 2/3 of the brownie mixture into the tin and spread evenly, then alternate large spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture and small spoonfuls of the remaining brownie mixture over the top and swirl together with a knife.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Let it cool completely in the tray before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Now you can Bake up a storm with a FULL SIZE packet of 180 Cakes and Locako Peanut Butter Collagen Brownies inside this month’s Natural Nourishment March box (nearly $70 value, includes free shipping forever)!
Send these recipes to the best baker you know so they can add this healthy baking to their list!