How to use Intention Cards to Empower Yourself Every Day
Intention Cards -
What are they and how do they work to empower you?
Firstly - What are they?
Intention cards are just that – they offer daily intentions for living a more mindful, positive, empowering and purposeful life.
Secondly - How do they work?
Pick a card…
(they have a knack for being chosen when you most need them . . .)
and allow that to be the intention you set for your day.
So why set intentions?
Setting intentions every day is a powerful, empowering practice that allows you to focus on the present moment, to live your values and raise your vibrational energy.
They also act as a guide and reminder to stay on your path, help you stay in alignment and balance.
The intention itself is the path you aim to align to, which guides your:
- and attitudes.
You can set your daily intentions several ways:
- verbally by repeating them to yourself or,
- writing them down or,
- by using intention cards.
How to use Intention Cards
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to using these cards.
They are meant to allow you to tap into your own intuition.
To use as an ally and an inspiration!
Here’s some ideas to get you started using your intention cards:
Choosing a Card.
There are 2 easy ways to choose cards:
- You can choose a card at random.
- Give the deck a shuffle and/or spread it in front of you (face down)
- Simply, select the card you’re drawn to…
- Trust that this is just the right message for you in this moment.
- Memorise and the set intentions verbally, repeat it to yourself, write them down.
- When you are familiar with the deck, you can choose a card on purpose.
- If there is an intention or something you are working on, want to cultivate or are creating, choose the card that’s in alignment and that will support you.
Words are Powerful
Words have a lot of power and having a visual representation of your intention is a great reminder.
Put your card somewhere where you can see it, so it can be a reminder and motivator for you.
- Place it on your desk,
- bedside table,
- in your journal,
- on your mirror,
- on your yoga mat,
- on your fridge
- wherever you can see it and savour it.
Gives you Opportunities to Ask Questions
When you choose a card, use it.
Here are some great questions to ask yourself:
- What does this intention statement mean to me right now?
- How is this relevant to my life in this moment?
- Do I have any resistance?
- How is this an opportunity for me to connect to my best self?
- How can I integrate this into my day?
As you move through your day, look for opportunities to be mindful and show up with your intention in mind.
Notice how your actions, mindset and experiences shift to align with your intentions.
Take a little time to reflect on your intention for the day and how it showed up for you.
Maybe you had an aha!!! moment or a positive experience.
Perhaps there are things you notice you need change.
It’s all great information to help you re-align and create your most intentional life.
The 'Decoding your Wellness Mantra' Intention Card Set is designed to be used as a companion deck with the 'Decoding your Wellness Mantra' Book and Reflection journal.
Available here https://www.upself.com.au/shop/
This set is designed to help you reflect, take inspired action and daily intention setting.
Find your very own set of Intention Cards and Journal inside this month’s Toxic-Free July Beautifully Well Box.