Best 8 Reasons Prove Detox is not the Bad Word that you think it is!
7 years ago “Skinny Teatox” hit the market. It was aimed at vulnerable young girls who were desperate to live by the standards that skinny is better.
Marketed as a “detox” when actually it was filled with laxatives, sadly, “skinny teas” have given the word Detox a bad name.
In reality Tea has been found to be a great aid to help the body detox.
But what is Detoxification
Detoxification (detox) is a daily process which our bodies try to perform whether we think we are detoxifying or not.
And that is a really good thing – if we couldn’t detoxify, we couldn’t live.
Detoxification, is a powerful tool our bodies have, to keep us alive and healthy.
It simply means taking that which our body sees as harmful (toxins), binding them up and safely excreting them, leaving our cells to get on with the job they were designed to do.
It could be, except that in our everyday lives, we are all exposed to some part of the 2,000 – 3,000 new-to-nature (read man made) chemicals which are invented and released into the environment each and every year.
This contaminates our air, water, soil and food.
Then there are the toxins from within.
These are generated from poor dietary choices, such as,
- pharmaceuticals and
- especially from an imbalance of our digestive bacteria.
There is good science showing the quality and quantity of our digestive bacteria is associated with diseases like:
- chronic fatigue,
- autism and
Each one of us will process and eliminate (detoxify) these toxins differently.
How your toxic load affects your health will depend on how well your body does this.
Obviously, reducing your toxic load is helpful.
So, if you feel you would like to reduce your toxic load, where do you start?
Firstly, dietary and lifestyle changes are fundamental to a good detoxification program.
They don’t always have to be hard changes – often just healthier versions of things you already do. ie; drink more tea
Did you know that by improving your gut barrier you can limit many toxins from reaching organs like the liver and kidneys?
Improving your gut barrier is also fundamental to a good detox program. You will also feel good and so much healthier and energetic afterwards.
A good detox is a science based, structured program individually tailored to your needs, and should be supervised and guided by your Health Practitioner.
There are some wonderful benefits to be had.
A well structured detox program will not see you going through all sorts of unpleasant “cleansing” symptoms. (That is not a balanced detox program).
Quite the opposite. With a balanced detox program you start to feel better quickly.
The Bonus is: this type program is designed to be easy to do and to work in with your busy lifestyle. If this interests you, contact your Health Practitioner – even if its just to find out more about the ‘good’ of detoxification.
Whether you have just finished a structured detox program and want to continue the benefits,
Or just want to enhance your body’s natural detox capacity,, here are the Best 8 Reasons that prove Detox is not the Bad Word, you think it is?
- Reduce the toxic load from your diet with a nutritionally balanced, vegetable rich, clean eating diet. This makes for more alkaline urine and a more alkaline urine increases your excretion of toxins. Handy!!
- Check your home/car/workplace etc for ways to reduce your chemical exposure.
- Be aware of your exposure to electromagnetic radiation and reduce where you can.
- Exercise daily.
- Watch your stress levels. That’s a big one.
- Use simple but effective herbs and nutrients to help naturally support detoxification. Herbs like St Mary’s Thistle and Dandelion are used to assist the detoxification capacity of the liver.
- Green tea has demonstrated its ability to stimulate the activity of liver detoxification enzymes as well as decreasing oxidative stress in cells. Cleavers is traditionally used in herbal medicine to support kidney detoxification. Ginger is both a food and a medicine: stimulating digestion (good) while also calming troubled areas.
- While you will often see these herbs used in practitioner-quality detox formulas, using these herbs in tea form is perfect for daily use.
CHECK OUT OUR 'DRINK ME' BOX : jam-packed full of the teas and essential liquids to help you ditch those drinks with naughty and nasty additives, preservatives and sugars! .. And switch to drinks that are kind to your insides, taste delicious and leave you feeling good after!